Take Care of Yourself So That You Can Be Your Best.
Every teacher must start with this idea. No one knows how long working at home for teachers and students will last but it could extend to the end of the school year, and we do know that the pressures and expectations of this new paradigm can be overwhelming. That’s why it’s more important than ever to stay healthy and rested:
- Take regular breaks.
- Make time to exercise.
- Keep to a regular sleep schedule.
- Limit distractions when possible (turn off social media notifications, for example).
- Set daily and weekly goals.
- Make time to socialize virtually with family and friends.
- Limit the time when you can be contacted to ensure you have time to recharge, be with family, and prepare for the next day.
- Access Employee Assistance Program or other mental healthcare options to help meet any unique challenges.