This February, save on flowers, gift baskets, perfume, jewelry, and more with NEA Member Benefits!
NEA Click & Save “Buy-lights” for February 2019
Show some love to your family and friends this Valentine’s Day! NEA Click & Save, the online discount buying service for NEA members, highlights select retailers and merchants each month. Check out these featured “Buy-lights” for February!*
*Note: Up-to-date information on merchant discounts, shipping terms and WOW Points appears on the NEA Click & Save Web page at www.neamb.com/clickandsave and may change at any time. Don’t forget to use your WOWPoints—they’re just like cash (100 WOW Points = $1; plus, no blackout dates and no expiration)! Read more
From cyberbullying to sexual exploitation, the rapid integration of digital technologies into everyday life can pose risks for students. Whether they are incorporating Instagram or Twitter into lesson plans or using it for personal communications, teachers also face social media pitfalls—not only personal risks but professional and legal exposure as well.
As more devices become Internet-enabled—24 billion by 2020, according to a recent estimate—experts find that many of these devices lack proper encryption and other basic security measures.
Learn how to protect yourself, your family, and your students. Click here for more information from CEA-endorsed USI insurance, which has helped CEA members save thousands on home and auto insurance. Find out more about USI insurance options for CEA members.
NEA Member Benefits is pleased to make available an expanded array of NEA Student Loan Program options that provides NEA members and their families more choices to better meet their education financing needs.
In addition to the NEA® Smart Option (Undergraduate) Student Loan® by Sallie Mae®, a new NEA Parent Loan is now being offered with features as follows: Read more
Where do you turn for savings on theater tickets, insurance, appliances, cars, and more? If you’re not regularly visiting the NEA Member Benefits and CEA Member Benefits websites, you’re missing out.
NEA Member Benefits recently launched a new, member-centric website that’s simple to use and structured so that you can easily find discounts on the products and services you use.
The Member Benefits section of the CEA website is celebrating one year since its redesign, and we’ve just recently added a new feature, which showcases limited-time offers.
Make full use of your CEA and NEA memberships—don’t let these savings pass you by.
Applications are being accepted through February 4 for the 2020 NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellowship—a year of professional development that includes a summer field study in Peru.
The fellowship is an opportunity for K-12 educators to integrate global competency into their daily classroom instruction, advocate for global competency in their schools and districts, and help students thrive in an increasingly interconnected world. Read more
Remember to check out the savings available through NEA Member Benefits before signing up for a gym, planning a trip, or buying a new car this year!
NEA Click & Save “Buy-lights” for January 2019
Embrace your vision of a healthier self for the New Year! NEA Click & Save, the online discount buying service for NEA members, highlights select retailers and merchants each month. Check out these featured “Buy-lights” for January!*
*Note: Up-to-date information on merchant discounts, shipping terms and WOW Points appears on the NEA Click & Save Web page and may change at any time. Don’t forget to use your WOWPoints—they’re just like cash (100 WOW Points = $1; plus, no blackout dates and no expiration)!
- LA Fitness: Get yourself moving at one of 600 clubs across the U.S. and Canada (some clubs stay open 24 hours). Save $60 on initiation fees, and earn 2,000 WOWPoints!
- GNC: Check out one of the world’s largest nutritional supplements and health aids companies. Get up to 50% off selected products and 4X WOWPoints.
- Weight Watchers: WW has helped millions change their relationship with food. Sign up to save and earn 300 WOWPoints. Online-only program available.
- Hello Fresh: Combine healthy eating and convenience with this modern approach to food shopping and meal planning. Save $30 off your first order, plus get 1,000 WOWPoints!
- Home Gym Essentials: From TRX: Best-in-class products for a full-body workout in your home gym or on the road. Earn 4X WOWPoints on your purchase.
- Reebok: Find workout apparel, training shoes and more from this global sporting goods brand. Get up to 50% off, 4X WOWPoints and free shipping on orders of $49 & up.
David Jurewicz, a technology teacher and the Head Football Coach at Crosby High School in Waterbury, poses with Principal Jade Gopie after receiving a California Casualty Athletics Grant last spring.
Have sports programs at your school been impacted by inadequate budgets?
Public high school and middle schools sports teams in need of financial help can score up to $3,000 for their sports programs with a California Casualty Thomas R. Brown Athletics Grant. California Casualty, provider of the NEA® Auto & Home Insurance Program, provides grants to offset budget cuts that have affected middle and high school athletics.
Click here for details and entry forms. Applications must be received by January 15, 2019 for consideration for the 2018-2019 school year. Read more
The holidays are just around the corner—a time to rejuvenate and spend quality time with friends and family. NEA Member Benefits can help you save time and money this holiday season with helpful ideas to:
- Stretch Your Holiday Budget
- Plan a Hassle-free Holiday Vacation
- Get Rewarded for Holiday Shopping
- …And much more!
Visit neamb.com/holiday to make holiday planning easier!
And while you’re there, enter the $1,000 member-only giveaway! NEA Member Benefits has teamed up with Sallie Mae, provider of the NEA Smart Option Student Loan Program, to offer NEA members a chance to win $1,000 cash from now through December 31!
The holiday season is here! Remember to check out the savings available from NEA Member Benefits on everything from movie tickets and home décor to kitchen appliances.
NEA Click & Save “Buy-lights” for December 2018
No sooner does school start than anticipation of the fall and winter holidays begins. NEA Click & Save, the online discount buying service for NEA members, highlights select retailers and merchants each month. Check out these featured “Buy-lights” for December!* Read more
Do you know an educator who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to multiculturalism, equal opportunities, LGBTQQI support and awareness, conflict resolution, or other social issues pertinent to students and public education?
Nominate a colleague for one of nine CEA Human and Civil Rights Awards. Now easier than ever, nominations can be made online.
- Susan B. Anthony—Prudence Crandall Equality Award
- Mahatma Gandhi—Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Award
- Katherine Dunham Award
- Helen Keller—Anne Sullivan Memorial Award
- John Rogers Memorial Award
- CEA Award for Leadership in Hispanic Educational and Community Relationships
- CEA Humanitarian Award for Leadership in Recent Immigrant Educational and Community Relationships
- Harvey Milk—Sylvia Rivera Award for Challenging Discrimination Related to Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- CEA Presidential Award—Henry Barnard Memorial Award
Click here for guidelines, award criteria, and online nomination forms.
The deadline for nominations is February 1, 2019.
The awards will be presented during an inspiring dinner at CEA’s Summer Leadership Conference in August.