Quality Professional Development for You From CEA
The CEA Professional Learning Academy offers a wealth of professional development opportunities, aligned with Connecticut’s professional learning standards, to improve teaching practice and enhance student learning.
Through the CEA Professional Learning Academy, members can attend free workshops, conferences, and trainings developed by experienced educators, administrators, and experts in law and special education. CEA is a State Department of Education designated provider of professional development.
CEA offers workshops and seminars on dozens of topics, including
- Classroom Management
- Social Media Safety
- Teacher Evaluation
- Maximizing Your Time
- Building a Culture of Empathy
- Strategies to Help New Teachers Survive and Thrive
- Strategies to Foster Social-Emotional Well-Being in School
- The Gender Achievement Gap
- Implicit Bias 101: Its Powerful Effect on Instruction and Learning
- Section 504: An Emerging Issue for Educators
- Mythbusters: Understanding Your Legal Rights and Responsibilities in the Special Education Process
- Teachers and the Law
- Knowledge Is the Best Protection: Preventing and Responding to Aggressive Student Behavior
- PDEC Strategies to Save Time and Promote Collaboration
- ESSA: Implications for Your District – Title I Accountability
- Introduction to Student Trauma: Developing a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom
Check out the complete list of offerings, which are continually updated to include new strategies and address evolving needs.
For more information or to schedule a professional development workshop, contact CEA’s Professional Learning Academy at 860-525-5641 or at email@example.com.