The Impact of Complex Trauma in Schools
In this timely workshop just for CEA members and presented by CEA’s Human and Civil Rights Commission, you will learn
- the definition of complex trauma,
- how it manifests in school-age children,
- its impact on learning, behavior, and social-emotional functioning,
- how a trauma-sensitive environment can help, and
- what strategies you can use in your classroom.
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Sheraton Hartford South, Rocky Hill
Program: 4:15 – 6:15
Dinner will be provided
The workshop will be presented by Joe Ristuccia, a psychologist and a member of the LIfTS faculty at Lesley University, and a member of the Massachusetts Advocates for Children’s Trauma and Learning Policy Initiative based at Harvard Law School. He is co-author of the books Helping Traumatized Children Learn (Volumes 1 and 2) and has worked as a consultant to many school districts.