Supporting Muslim Students & Families: What Every Teacher Needs to Know
In this interactive workshop participants will hear from experts and students, work with case studies, and interact with panelists in order to:
- understand the basics of Islam,
- understand the impact of the current societal climate on Muslim children, and
- discuss how to foster meaningful connections and trust between students, families, and schools.
The workshop will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. at the University of Bridgeport, 126 Park Avenue, University Hall Activity Room, Bridgeport, CT 06604. Admission is free, however space is limited.
- Dr. M. Saud Anwar, founder and co-chair of the American Muslim Peace Initiative
- Shazia Chaudhry, co-facilitator of the Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) Muslim-Jewish Dialogue Group
- Marji Lipshez-Shapiro, Senior Associate Director of the ADL
- Muslim high school students and parents