Don’t Miss Your Special NEA Member Perks
To help you get the most out of your membership, NEA Member Benefits has worked with their partners to arrange special NEA member offers, bonuses and freebies. Many are highlighted below. This is on top of the wide range of programs and services enjoyed by NEA members.
You can also sign up for free newsletters. Get timely tips and information that can help you save money, manage your finances, plan vacations and more—all tailored just for educators.
And don’t miss the giveaways that are running right now—you could be the winner of a $2,000 scholarship from Sallie Mae this month!
Read on to see how many of these perks you still need to check off your to-do list:
- $100 cash rewards bonus offer. With the NEA® Cash Rewards Card, you can earn a $100 cash rewards bonus if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days. Plus, earn cash rewards that are automatic—with no need to enroll or sign up—and do not expire.
- $20 new account bonus. Through the NEA Online Savings Program, NEA members and their families receive $20 for each new account type you open and fund each year, excluding IRAs.
- $500 My Mortgage GiftSM award. When you purchase or refinance your home through the NEA Home Financing Program®, with financing provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, you’ll receive a $500 Wells Fargo My Mortgage Gift award after closing.
- $25 Amazon gift card. In addition to members saving an average of $495 per year on auto insurance, when you get a free quote from the NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Plus, you can skip your summer payments.
- Complimentary life insurance. To help provide for your family, the NEA Members Insurance Trust® makes valuable benefits available through the NEA Complimentary Life Insurance program at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life‡ members. Are you a new NEA member? For 12 months, eligible new members are provided complimentary $15,000 of term life insurance through the NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance Plan.
- Free subscription to the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report. As part of the NEA Retirement Program, you can download a free issue of the Kiplinger’s Retirement Report each month. We cover the $40 annual subscription fee, at no cost to you.
- $50 of free heating oil. The NEA® Heating Oil Program offers free or discounted annual service contracts that include an annual cleaning, tune up and emergency service. Plus, get $50 of free heating oil.
Plus, get free, timely and useful information when you subscribe to:
- NEAchieve: This FREE monthly e-newsletter, exclusively for NEA members, delivers useful tips and information that can help you save time and money, manage your finances, stay healthy, plan your vacations, get creative in your classroom and more. Sign up!
- NEA Travel: Designed exclusively for educators, NEA Travel will help you plan adventures and excursions, book hotel stays for less, get discounts on your choice of rental car companies and more. Sign up!
- NEA Retirement: Get monthly reminders for your FREE issue of Kiplinger’s Retirement Report (a $40/yr value). Plus, get timely tips on Medicare, Social Security, taxes, investing and more, along with information to help you at every stage of retirement planning. Sign up!
- Works4Me: The free Works4Me weekly e-newsletter brings you practical classroom tips written by teachers, for teachers. Each week you’ll receive other teachers’ best ideas on classroom management, teaching techniques, curriculum content, peer & student relationships and more. Browse over 1,800 tips on their website, and join the free discussion board! Sign up!
Enter to win prizes!
Don’t forget to enter the current sweepstakes. Members like you have won everything from a $100 gift card to an Apple iPad Air 2 to a $5,000 Trafalgar Travel Credit. See what your fellow NEA members have recently won!
All eligible NEA members can participate in:
- The NEA® Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® Sweepstakes: Enter to win a $2,000 scholarship from Sallie Mae, now through August 2016.