Teacher Discounts: Don’t Miss These Top Offers for Educators and Education Students
Looking for great deals and price reductions for educators? NEA Member Benefits has scoured the stores and done the searching for you. Below, find a great selection of educator deals from retailers, service providers, and NEA Member Benefits.
BOOKS, MAGAZINES, AND MORE
- Barnes and Noble. The B&N Educators Discount gives PreK-12 educators and librarians 20% off publisher’s list price on select purchases for classroom use including most hardcover and paperback books, toys, and games and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Books Warehouse. Show your teacher ID or similar document and fill out an Educator’s Card to join the free Books Warehouse Educators’ Book Club to save 15% on purchases.
- Half-Price Books. Educators, teachers, and librarians can save 10% year round on in-store (not online) purchases of books and educational supplies with an Educator Discount Card from Half Price Books. Stock up for your classroom or get yourself a treat to read.
- National Geographic. Educators can purchase past issues for $3 per issue instead of $6. Read their FAQ for details and for information on additional resources.
- NEA Click & Save. Get great discounts and earn WOWPoints to spend later at the NEA Click & Save Bookstore!
- NEA Magazine Service. Choose from over 900 selections covering news, sports, fitness, entertainment, hobbies, family, and education—at the guaranteed lowest introductory price available!
- The New York Times. An education rate is available to K-12 educators. This includes digital access.
- The Wall Street Journal. Through the Journal-in-Education Program, students get 75% off the regular rate. Professors receive a free one-year subscription if 10 or more students subscribe.
- A.C. Moore. Present your school ID, pay stub, or other qualifying identification to get 15% off regular and sale priced purchases of arts and crafts supplies at A.C. Moore.
- Ben Franklin Crafts. Teachers receive 10% off purchases of classroom materials.
- Blick for Educators. Dick Blick offers discounts, coupons, lesson plans, and more on art and classroom supplies for schools.
- Jo-ann Teacher Rewards. Save 15% on purchases at Jo-ann Fabric and Craft Stores with their teacher rewards discount card.
- Michael’s. Save 15% on in-store purchases. See a store associate for details.
- Office Depot/Office Max. Office Depot/Office Max stores’ Give Back to Schools Program lets you give your PreK-12 public school 5% of the purchase price on qualifying school supplies such as notebook paper pens, pads, and binders.
- Party City. Provide a signed letter from your administration and receive a 10-20% discount on in-store purchases. Read the details to get started.
- Pencils.com. Save 10% on purchases with their educator discount program.
- Staples Teacher Rewards. Sign up and get 5% back in rewards, plus 10% back on teaching and art supplies.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff. Get low prices on teaching eBooks and ready-to-use classroom activities created and classroom-tested by teachers in the US, Canada, and around the world with no membership or shipping fees from A to Z Teacher Stuff. Many downloads are free.
- E-Seedling. A complete curriculum for teaching entrepreneurship to kids age 10 and up is available to teachers at an introductory price of $119. Join the mailing list to get a $20 off promo code.
- Every Kid in a Park. Are you a fourth-grade educator? You can get free passes to national parks for your student. These passes gives them free access to all national parks, lands, and waters through August 31, 2016.
- Lesson Planet. Search 400,000+ teacher-reviewed and rated online lesson plans and worksheets. NEA members get 20% off a subscription.
- “Make Your Point” Vocabulary Builder. Boost your own vocabulary or help your students improve theirs with a free daily email subscription to “Make Your Point” created by a private tutor of reading and writing.
- OpenEd. More than a million K-12 assessments, homework assignments, videos, games, and lesson plan resources for every Common Core Math and English Language Arts Standard are available free to educators at OpenEd.
- PBS Learning Media. Register free for access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted, digital resources and lesson plans aligned to Common Core and national standards. Basic service is free to PreK-12 educators.
- Restaurant.com. Get special member pricing on dining certificates through NEA Click & Save.
ELECTRONICS AND SOFTWARE
- Academic Superstore. This online software outlet offers thousands of top software titles and other technology items at great discounts.
- Adobe. Adobe offers significant discounts on software, including 60% off Creative Cloud, to students and educators.
- The Apple Store. Save up to $200 on a new Mac and up to $20 on a new iPad at the Apple Store for Education. Education pricing is available on Macs, iPads, accessories, apps, iBooks, and iTunesU courses.
- Bose products. Educators and members of educational associations save up to 15% on Bose products including music systems, surround sound systems, headphones and earbuds, and portable music devices for home and school.
- JourneyEd.com. Provides discounts on software and technology products to students, faculty, staff, educational institutions, and public school districts.
- Microsoft for Education. Shop the Microsoft Education Store for discounts on computers including HP, Samsung and Dell, software, tablets, monitors and other PC accessories, Fitbit wearables and unlocked Microsoft phones. Deals include free shipping and returns.
- NEA Click & Save. NEA Click & Save has gathered all of the top electronics brands into one place where you’ll get exclusive pricing and earn 2X WOWPoints on every purchase. Find great deals on products from Best Buy, Samsung, Gamestop, The Sharper Image, and more at the NEA Click & Save Electronics Store!
- NEA Wireless Program. Save 15% on AT&T cellphone service for you and your family.
- Sony. Educators can find discounts through Sony’s Eye on Education Program. Learn more about their pricing here.
- Western Digital. Save up to 20% through the WD Education Store.
- H&R Block. NEA members get $20 off office tax preparation services and get special pricing on software and online programs. Read the details. Offer expires March 31, 2016.
- NEA Home Financing Program: Mortgages. Get a competitive rate on your mortgage. As an NEA member, you’ll receive a $500 award card through My Mortgage Gift program when you close your purchase or refinance your loan with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Read the details.
- 1800Flowers.com. NEA members save 20%!
- The Pampered Teacher. Teachers, educators, and PTA members are eligible for a 10% discount on bulk orders (12 or more) of The Pampered Teacher gift boxes designed for male or female teachers. Sign up for blog posts to get a free download of “20 Teacher Hacks: From Classroom to Fashion.”
- NEA Member Benefits Home Store. Get special members pricing at Macy’s, Sears, Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, and more through NEA Click & Save.
- NEA Member Benefits Food & Wine Store. Get exclusive pricing on items from Omaha Steaks, Harry & David, Lindt Chocolate, and more.
- West Elm. Save 15% on furniture and decor with an educator ID.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program. As an NEA member, you have access to comprehensive dental and vision plan options that are both affordable and easy to use.
- NEA Hearing Aid Program. With your NEA member discount you can save 20-50% off the average local retail prices of name-brand, high-tech hearing aids.
- NEA Member Benefits Health & Wellness Store. Get exclusive deals on fitness equipment, gym memberships, food plans, wellness products, and more.
INSURANCE & PROTECTION PLANS
- NEA Auto & Home Insurance Program. Call for a free quote and receive a complimentary $25 Amazon gift card.
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance. The NEA Members Insurance Trust makes valuable benefits available at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve, and Life members.
- NEA Pet Insurance Program. NEA members are eligible for a 5% discount.
- NEA Vehicle Protection Program. NEA Members are eligible for a $100 discount on any extended vehicle protection policy.
- Educational Impact. Educational Impact provides targeted online professional development with “easy to use” self-paced courses which can be completed at home or at school and utilize online streaming videos. NEA members save 20% off all courses!
- Idaho State University – Workforce Training. Sharpen your skills without a large commitment of time and money. This collection of courses has been carefully structured to “take you where you need to go” in your career development as educators. NEA members save 25% off all courses!
- Professional Learning Board. Online classes from PLB allow educators to complete PD from home, school, or on the move. NEA members save 10% off all courses!
- Graceland. Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers can tour Graceland for FREE with valid ID and an advance reservation.
- Movie Tickets. Save up to 35%—Tickets start at $8.48 per ticket. Find a theater near you and purchase discount tickets through NEA Click & Save.
- Popular Musicals in NYC. Get the best seats available at a special discounted price through NEA Click & Save.
- Theatrical Development Fund. TDF members get special access to deeply discounted tickets available online and in advance for hundreds of Broadway, Off Broadway, and off-Off Broadway theatre shows, dance performances, and music concerts. Once you’re a member ($34 your first year, $30/year afterwards), tickets cost only $9-$47. Save up to 70% on hundreds of theatre, dance, and music shows daily.
- Theme Park Tickets. Save up to 40% on Six Flags, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and more through NEA Click & Save.
- Car Rental. Get special member discounts from our five car rental partners through the NEA Car Rental Program.
- G Adventures. G Adventures, an experiential, small group travel company, offers NEA members and up to three travel companions an exclusive discount on trips to more than 100 countries on all seven continents.
- NEA Click & Save Travel. Get exclusive savings on hotels, flights, car rentals, vacation packages, and cruises.
- Red Roof Inn. NEA members and their families can enjoy a 20% discount at any of Red Roof’s 420 plus locations nationwide.
- Trafalgar Guided Vacations. NEA members receive an extra 10% discount from Trafalgar, a global leader in creating guided vacations highlighted by local insights.
- Aerosoles. Present your teacher ID or pay stub when you shop in Aerosoles stores to save 15% on any footwear item priced at $39.99 or higher. Online shopping online call toll-free to place orders and get the discount.
- Banana Republic. Enjoy 15% off everyday savings on full-priced purchases in Banana Republic stores with a valid student or Teacher I.D.
- J.Crew Teachers and College Student Discount. Show a valid school ID at checkout to take advantage of a 15% discount on in-store purchases.
- Loft Loves Teachers. Sign up for Ann Taylor’s Loft Loves Teachers emails list to get teacher-only exclusive perks and 15% off when you shop in Ann Taylor Loft stores.
- NEA Member Benefits Apparel Store. Get exclusive pricing on items from Macy’s, Nordstrom, L. L. Bean, Land’s End, Under Armor, and more.
- The Limited. Students and educators receive 15% off in-store purchases with valid ID.
- Tommy Hilfiger. Shop Tommy Hilfiger stores online and when you’re ready to check out, click “Apply” next to the “Qualify for Teacher Discount” option to get a 15% discount on your purchases. Excludes full-price watches, jewelry, fragrances, final sale items, and Runway collections.
Questions? Contact NEA Member Benefits or call the NEA Member Services Center at 1-800-637-4636 (Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET).