Nominate a Colleague for CEA’s Human and Civil Rights Awards
Why do we celebrate excellence? Educators live in a world filled with challenges and threats to their profession and their schools. But in spite of these challenges, educators find innovative ways to support and influence students and public education.
CEA’s Human and Civil Rights Awards provide an opportunity to acknowledge these dedicated and diverse men and women for advancing human and civil rights, and standing up for public schools.
Honor an individual with a nomination for a CEA Human and Civil Rights Award.
- Susan B. Anthony-Prudence Crandall Equality Award
- Mahatma Gandhi-Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Award
- Katherine Dunham Award
- Helen-Keller-Anne Sullivan Memorial Award
- John Rogers Memorial Award
- CEA Award for Leadership in Hispanic Educational and Community Relationships
- CEA Humanitarian Award for Leadership in Recent Immigrant Educational and Community Relationships
- Harvey Milk-Sylvia Rivera Award for Challenging Discrimination Related to Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- CEA Presidential Award-Henry Barnard Memorial Award
Click here for details. The nomination deadline is February 1, 2016.