Important Clarification on Reading Survey for K-3 Teachers
CEA and AFT-Connecticut have worked with the State Department of Education (SDE) to successfully resolve issues regarding the reading survey required by the state legislature in Section 13 of Public Act 13-245. K-3 teachers are now required to take the survey, which has already been delayed to allow for clarification, in 2015 during one of two administration windows.
CEA, AFT-Connecticut, and the SDE have come to agreement that survey results:
- will not affect an individual teacher’s summative evaluation;
- will not affect an individual teacher’s certification;
- will be administered at no cost to the individual;
- will ensure the anonymity of the individual; and,
- will be used to drive professional development and student instruction.
There is more important information in the circular letter the SDE distributed to superintendents — please click here to read it.