Tips and Resources for Taking Care of the Earth – All Year Round
Schools across the state are celebrating Earth Day today – but how can you and your students have a positive impact on the planet the other 180+ days a year? Below are some tips and resources for going green in your classroom, reusing everyday items, and teaching your students about recycling.
- Teaching Tips, Ideas, and Strategies to Help You Reduce, Recycle & Reuse – NEA
Tips from your fellow educators for keeping it green, saving money, and setting great green examples for students.
- Raid That Recycling Bin – WeAreTeachers
10 terrific teaching ideas for reusing everyday items in the classroom.
- Teachers: Composting & Recycling – EPA
General information about composting and recycling, plus learn how to involve students in setting up a school recycling program.
- “Green” Activities & Classroom Resources – TeacherVision
Activities and resources including methods for reducing waste and trash, information about product consumption, recycling tips, facts about pollution and its effects on the environment, global warming statistics, worksheets on different ecosystems, and plenty of projects for students to complete inside and outside the classroom.
- Teaching Recycling Pinterest Board – PumpkinHeads
Browse recycling activities perfect for teachers’ use in the classroom.
- Teacher Tips for Classroom Recycling – Scholastic
Seven helpful suggestions for setting up your own classroom recycling program.