Teacher Shortage Areas for 2013-14
Every fall the Connecticut State Department of Education surveys public school districts to determine teacher shortage areas. Educators working under an endorsement that is considered a shortage area may be eligible for certain benefits such as loan forgiveness and mortgage assistance.
The State Department of Education recently released the Certification Shortage Areas for 2013-14, which are as follows:
- bilingual education, PK-12;
- comprehensive special education, K-12;
- intermediate administrator;
- remedial reading and language arts, 1-12;
- speech and language pathologist;
- world languages, 7-12;
- hearing impaired, PK-12; and
- school and library specialist.