Legislative Changes and How They Affect You: Attend a CEA Update to Learn More
CEA is offering Professional Issues Updates this fall at locations around Connecticut. We are encouraging teams from every local association to attend and hear about 2009 legislative changes that affect you and your district.
Some of the important issues that will be discussed at these update sessions include:
- Updated information about the TEAM program which will replace BEST
- Explanation of changes to certification that were passed this year
- Information about a new requirement that districts have professional development committees that include bargaining unit representatives.
We are encouraging a five to six person team from every local association to attend an update session. Your team ideally will include your local president, one or two other executive board members, and three teachers willing to serve as your local association’s information contacts for professional development, TEAM, and certification information.
To sign up for one of the Professional Issues Updates go to www.cea.org. On the left side of the homepage find Upcoming Events and click on the Professional Issues Update session you are interested in attending.
The sessions will be held on the dates and at the locations listed below.
- Tuesday, October 13 – Chowder Pot , 165 Brainard Rd., Hartford
- Thursday, October 15 – Crystal Peak, 164 Torrington Rd., Winchester
- Tuesday, October 20 – Red Barn restaurant, 292 Wilton Rd., Westport
- Thursday, October 22 ‐ Mystic Marriott, 625 North Rd., Groton
- Monday, October 26 – Inn at Woodstock, 94 Plaine Hill Rd., Woodstock
- Tuesday, October 27 – Eli’s on Whitney, 2392 Whitney Ave., Hamden
- Thursday, November 19 – Georgina’s, 275 Boston Turnpike, Bolton
All sessions will begin with registration and hors d’oeuvres at 4:00 pm, followed by the presentation and a Question and Answer period from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.
For more information, or if you have questions, contact Linette Branham at firstname.lastname@example.org.